Mac and cheese is a cherished comfort food that is liked by individuals of every ages. It’s velvety, cheesy, and merely delicious. Yet suppose we placed a spin on this traditional recipe by making it with rice as opposed to pasta? This rice mac and cheese recipe is a wonderful variation that makes sure to please your taste buds. Allow’s dive in and find how to make this mouthwatering meal.
2 mugs cooked rice (white or brown)
2 mugs shredded cheddar cheese
1 mug milk
2 tbsps butter
2 tablespoons versatile flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan, thaw the butter over tool heat. Once melted, stir in the flour and cook for 1 min up until the mix turns somewhat gold.
2. Slowly gather the milk while whisking continually to prevent swellings. Cook for 2-3 mins up until the mix enlarges.
3. Add in the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
4. Reduce the warmth to low and slowly include the shredded cheddar cheese, mixing up until thawed and smooth.
5. Add the prepared rice to celebrity sauce and mix until well coated. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to enable the tastes to meld with each other.
6. Get rid of from heat and allow it sit for a few minutes to thicken prior to offering.
This rice mac and cheese can be acted as a main dish or as a savory side. It sets well with a crisp environment-friendly salad or some baked veggies. Feel free to get imaginative and include some cooked bacon, diced tomatoes, or chopped spinach for extra taste and nourishment.
So, the next time you’re craving mac and cheese, offer this rice version a try. It’s a delightful twist on a traditional favorite that will undoubtedly end up being a brand-new family members favorite. Appreciate!